Health Care Plan

Students who need specific medical accommodations at schools can work with our school nurse (Melissa Parcheta, [email protected]) and our special education department.

In general, medical needs such as access and use of inhalers, taking prescription medication and changing bandages from an injury do not require a health care plan. When your child needs this type of intervention, please work with the school nurse who can help with doctor's notes, documentation and logistics.

Medical needs that do require a health care plan can include: G-tube feedings, seizure protocols, diabetic management, breathing tubes and other major health interventions. These health care plans are developed in tandem with the Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or a 504 Plan. Your child's service provider and the school nurse will collaborate with you on the best care plan possible for your child.